Wednesday, September 28, 2011

C4K Summary Post (covering September comments)

    In September, I commented on the blogs of three students. They were very interesting to read. The first blog that I commented on was named "Once Upon A Time." This blog page contained book reviews. The book highlighted when I read the blog was The Hunger Games. I told the author of this blog that her blog page would be a great resource for a Language Arts classroom. I also told her that her blog would be a good asset for my seventh grade daughter, who does not enjoy reading. She could use the information in the blog to find books that interest her. The author of the blog emailed me to thank me for my comment, and to wish my daughter success in using her blog to help her find books that she enjoys.
    The second comment for kids was on a post by Allison. She wrote a post about wanting to take a trip to Texas. My family and I travel to Texas every year to visit family and friends. So, in my comment, I suggested some things that she can do in Texas. I told her about the Dallas Zoo, the Dallas Aquarium and some of the great city parks. Finally, I wished her good luck with her trip.
    For my last comment to kids in September, I commented on a blog written by Byron. He attends St. Elmo School and wrote a letter to Lucy Buffet. He thanked her for her generous donation to his P.A.C.E. class. I told him that I enjoyed reading his letter and hoped that he will have fun creating some great projects using the iPad that was donated to his class.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    Very good!

    ReplyDelete