Friday, November 4, 2011

C4K Summary Post (covering October comments)

    During the month of October, I had the privilege to comment on the blog posts of several young students. On October 2, I commented to Jacquelyn from New Zealand. She had written about a place that she would like to visit. Her destination choice was Los Angeles, California. I responded to her that I lived in Alabama and have never been to California. I told her that I would like to visit Los Angeles' beaches. It would be fun to see the difference between Alabama's sandy white beaches and those of Los Angeles. I also told Jacquelyn that I have visited Disney World in Florida, but not Disneyland in California. I told her that I imagine Disneyland would be just as much fun as Disney World. I wished her well on her dream of being able to visit Los Angeles.
    On October 8, I responded to Gina from Kids With a View. She is five years old and explained what a blog is. She says, "a blog is something to put learning stuff on, type comments, see other peoples' work, and other people can see what you're learning about." I responded to her by thanking her for her information and mentioned that he post would be helpful to me since I am new to blogging, having just started in August.
    On October 16, I responded to two students. One of the students I was assigned to; the other student I chose using the random student picker. I was assigned to comment on Kelsey's blog. In her post, she gave some helpful examples on how to figure out density of an object. I responded to her by telling her that the tips she gave me were very helpful, and that I planned to pass them along to my seventh grade daughter. I selected Jadyn's blog to comment on using the random student picker. Jadyn wrote a post about insects and why they are attracted to flowers. I commented to him that he was correct that the bright colors of flowers attract insects. I also added that spring and summer have many colorful flowers, so you might see more insects during those seasons.
    On October 23, I commented on Alex's post from Mr. C's Grade 8 sixth hour. He wrote a short paragraph spotlighting the mood and setting of an event. I responded to him by commenting that I enjoyed his use of descriptive words to paint a picture of his journey through the forest.
    My last comment in October was on October 30, to a young boy named Michael from New Zealand. His post was an animation of a New Zealand landmark. He asked people to make a comment by guessing which landmark he was showing. I commented to Michael that I liked his animation, and I guessed that it represented the Harbour Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment