Saturday, October 29, 2011

C4T Summary Post #2

    I commented on Michael Kaechele's Concrete Classroom blog on October 23 and October 30. Mr. Kaechele lives in Michigan and teaches Global Studies in high school.
    On October 20, Mr. Kaechele wrote a post about a lesson he taught on imperialism and colonialism. The post was titled, "Imperialism in my classroom today." In order for his students to understand these concepts, he wanted to use a real-life situation that his students could relate to. He decided to remove all of the laptops from the classroom. I responded that I thought his way of relating the concepts of imperialism and colonialism to real-life was a great way to show his students how their life could look like in that type of society.
    Mr. Kaechele's other post, written on October 23, was titled, "6 best reasons to attend #edcampGR." This post contained a list of six individuals that he has met that will be at the camp on November 5. According to Mr. Kaechele, these people are great educational resources. Mr. Kaechele provided the credentials of each individual, and all were very impressive. I responded that the conference sounded like a good place to meet a great group of people committed to education and making it a positive and productive system for student learning.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you explained your C4T. The thing I liked most about it, is the way the teacher removed all of the laptops and showed the students how society would be without them. I really enjoyed reading your post. Good job

    ReplyDelete