Saturday, October 8, 2011

C4T # 2 Summary Post

    I had the opportunity to view Mr. Bernia’s Blog page. Mr. Bernia is a middle school principal. I enjoyed reading two of his posts because he discussed issues and ideas that are relevant in schools today.
    In his post, “Watching the Red Flags…Dropout Prevention,” on September 13, he discussed motivating students to attend school every day. Unfortunately, some students will drop out of schools. Mr. Bernia believes that teachers need to motivate students to show up at school because there might not be anyone at home pushing them to come. He suggested that teachers try to make a point to notice students and get to know them. He believes a simple “hello” or “have a great day” is all that some of these kids need. In my comments, I agreed with Mr. Bernia. I think that the more we take a personal interest in some students, the more they will want to come to school.
    The second post of Mr. Bernia’s that I read was titled, “Setting the Tone…” This post was about school morale. He believes that the teachers and staff set the climate of the school. He goes on to say that small positive gestures make huge impacts within the general feeling of the school. In my comments to him, I agreed and responded, “When the teacher is happy, the feeling is contagious with their students. As a result, a child’s learning environment becomes a positive and productive element.”

No comments:

Post a Comment