Saturday, October 8, 2011

Project # 10 Personal Learning Network

    For my Personal Learning Network, I have chosen to use Symbaloo. I like the visual format that is available with this program. I have just started adding web links to my page. I have tried to divide the page into different areas. The bottom right, I designated as personal and have included some of my frequently visited sites, such as Target and Old Navy. The top right, I reserved for my Gmail and Blogger links. The majority of the remaining top and left side is dedicated to professional sites. I included some of the video sites that I mentioned in my podcast, including School Tube and Teacher Tube. I also added sites dedicated to Alabama resources such as ALEX and Alabama Virtual Library. As I was searching for other sites to add to my homepage, I came across some great resources for SMART Boards. Some of those sites that I included are SMART Board Lessons and Activities, Smart Exchange, and Scholastic Resources for SMART Board. I look forward to continuing to add to and adjust my PLN. I don’t think that it will ever be completely finished because I feel that, as a teacher, I will always be learning in my professional career and will adapt my PLN accordingly.

http://symbaloo.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela
    Wow I love the idea behind Symbaloo and can't wait to give it a try.

    We are on holiday for 2 weeks at the moment but I am sure Gina would love to reply to your comment when we are back at school. What I liked about Gina's video clip was that it was so impromptu, unplanned and precisely to the point. Sometimes as adults we miss the point and think it is important and necessary to add a lot of unnecissary information. We were also especially proud that comments4kids have added her clip to their official blog.
    Happy blogging.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete