Saturday, December 3, 2011

Summary Post C4K (Covering November Comments)

    During the month of November, I had the opportunity to comment on some fabulous student blogs. The first blog that I commented on was that of Joe McClung. His post contained three lessons. The first was about a creative way the class was raising money for the United Way. The teachers volunteered to take their pictures and have a beard added to the photo using the Beard Me iPhone app. The students voted for their favorite teacher by donating money. The teacher with the most money won. The second lesson was reminding everyone that a little bit of humor can brighten a day. Mr. McClung told of a student named Kyle who came into class wearing a blue tutu. Everyone had a great laugh. The third lesson was about not giving up and trying to do your best. Mr. McClung told about his school preparing for the final meet of the cross country season. My comments to Mr. McClung pointed out that even a short laugh can brighten the classroom. I also told him that I thought the use of the Beard Me app was a creative type of fundraising, and I hoped he would post the picture of the teacher that raised the most money.
    The next comment I made was to a student in Mrs. Yollis' third grade class. Her name was Taylor S. She wrote a short story entitled, "Whitney and the Black Cat." I commented that Coco sounded like a determined cat and must really like to play with yarn. I told her that my cat, Kate, is similar because she likes to play with yarn, too. I told Taylor S. that I was glad Coco returned home and in time to go trick-or-treating, and I asked what Whitney and her cat's next adventure would be.
    My final comment to a student was to Mary I., who is a Year Six student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ. Her post was about the Assembly held at her school on the first day of Term Four. I told her that I was happy she learned so many new things about space and our solar system. I was glad that she was able to learn so much from Team 1's presentation on the sun, and I reminded her that the sun is an extremely important part of our solar system. I concluded my comments by telling her that I was glad that she was learning by having fun and wished her the best of luck during Term Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment